Monday, December 12, 2005

you are here...

Drab beige tiles cascade along past banks of blue berber carpeting,
through canyons of gray steel siding and white particle-board podiums,
beneath a sky of painted tin murals and woven fiber sculptures.

This river of bored whimsy has a different song...

shoe heels & plastic wheels...

tat-tat-tat-tat-tat
clack-clack-clack
shwoom-shwoom-shwoom
plock-plock-plock-plock
tiketa-ticketa-ticketa-ticketa SHKREET

Everyone here is passing, rushing, angry grimmacing,
listening, laughing, desparately running,
smiling, reading, haphazardly sleeping...

but never staying.

Miracle of miracles dancing un-noticed
launching us thousands of feet in the air
dwarfing the defiance of little Icarus
to touch ground again in places just as neutral,
almost the same.
Forgetable except for the occasional storm.

The places we were in while we were on our way to somewhere else.

Thousands are passing, all on our ways...
funerals, weddings, family reunions,
meetings, vacations,
lovers' arms, car shows... and home again.

I feel small as I stand, knowing I am on my way too.
For a moment, I've lost track of where I've been
and where I'm going,
suddenly aware of where I am.

Suddenly aware...

I am here.
I am here now.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you.. I am here and never far.. thinking of you..

Love you and mean it..

always Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home