Tuesday, September 27, 2005

on hand & foot


i have a scar on the outside of my right wrist
that finds it's twin on the inside of my right ankle.
one i received reaching into the oven
to retrieve cookies that I sent to a soldier in iraq,
the other,
walking the streets of vegas in relentless leather sandals.

of baking and walking in las vegas,
memory left traces of beauty and pain
simple in their passing,
no monuments of divine revelation
and no correlation between.

but their mark ever remains
of doing and going
being
no symbolism or clarity
no blame
simply reminders
that I live.

6 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger The Ten O' Clock Habit said...

(((((((((((((((((((@~KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@~)))))))))))))))))))))))

Gawd, you have no idea how happy I am to *see* you again. I missed you!

I just saw your post on ZeeJackMan's blog entry - thanks for those sweet words and what a joyful chance that was finding it - and here I am, pronto!

LöICilicious, how are you?!!!! Is there an easier, faster, clearer line to you, honey? Email me puleeeeeez!

And, Pronto!

LOVELOVELOVEYALOTS

Kat/"Gracie"

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

Baja

Just saw your sweet face in a photo from the San Diego succulent meet up...
So good to see you again... wishing all is well in your world, breathing and growing and moving.

lots of love
Leonie

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you.... and love you -- haven't been on the MMB much lately myself, but was relieved to see your pictures there -- to see you smiling again.

I'm going to call soon, and hope you answer... in the meantime, sending love... and a reminder of the strength we both know you have.

XO ~ April

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello love,

Is grounding to read your beautiful words.. will try calling you soon...

Lotsa love for now... miss you.

Love you,

:) Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home