Friday, June 03, 2005

Here we go!

Leaving the house in about 15 minutes to drive to LA. Bill and I have a couple of errands, and then we'll be headed to Oakland. From there, to Daly City where we'll be staying with a friend, Melanio. Tomorrow will be the orientation. Woo hoo!

Everything is packed in this HUGE suitcase. Our limit was 70 pounds, and I was able to make mine a modest 35. Ha!

So here are a few last minute photos. Thank you all again for the little things you've sent along with me for support and inspiration. Octavio, I put the escapulario you sent to me on just now. Gen, I've already begun writing in the journal. I've christened the bike for the occassion. Her name is "Babe", from the legend of Paul Bunyan, because, well, she's blue like my bike!

I will keep you all updated here with more photos, text messages and voice recordings. Keep in touch! I'll be thinking of all of you while I'm out there on the road!

One last thing, aside from this blog, you can keep track of us and actually send us mail from the following location! http://experience.aidslifecycle.org/ Photos, maps, "official" rider blogs (NYAH, mine's better), and... a really cool feature where you can send an email that will actually be publicly posted or read to all of the riders at dinner mess hall, from what I understand... just like mail call at summer camp! I am Rider 3419 and Bill is Roadie 8711. It would be great to hear from you!

Alright folks, I'm off! Wish me luck! I'll be talking to you from the road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home